Happy March everyone, a.k.a Restore Me release month!
In five days we FINALLY get to have our hands on Restore Me. By finally I mean I waited about one week for this book because I just finished this series for the first time, so I really feel for you guys who waited four years for this. I don’t know how you did it. I really don’t. Anyway, I figured in honor of Restore Me coming out I would do a review of my thoughts on this series so far. So here we go!
Rating: 4/5 stars
“All I ever wanted was to reach out and touch another human being not just with my hands but with my heart.”
Thoughts on book one:
- DYSTOPIAN IS NOT DEAD MY FRIENDS. LONG LIVE DYSTOPIAN NOVELS
- I have always loved the dystopian theme and I thought it died a long time ago, but this book gives me hope & the fact that we still have more books coming out in this series makes my heart so happy
- I was SO intrigued by Warner, although I was not 100% aboard the Warner train yet, I was desperate to know more about him
- Kenji, is actually one of my favorite characters that I have ever read
- The writing style really helped shape the story for me, at first the broken sentences were a little hard to deal with but I think overall it really helped me understand Juliette as a character and what she was going through
- FUN FACT: I once tried to read this series years ago and put it down after the first chapter because I hated the writing style. I didn’t read the author’s note back then which explains it, now I wish I really did
- I was not a fan of Adam, obviously I’m still not, I thought the “I’ve loved you my whole life but never said anything” was some straight BS
- I was slightly annoyed with Juliette’s whininess but I hoped her character would grow more throughout the next two books and boy was I right
“This girl is destroying me. A girl who has spent the last year in an insane asylum. A girl who would try to shoot me dead for kissing her. A girl who ran off with another man just to get away from me. Of course this is the girl I would fall for. I close a hand over my mouth. I am losing my mind.”
Thoughts on Warner’s novella:
- 10000000000% SLAYED
- This title lived up to it’s expectations and destroyed me
- Adam needed to get lost, like, yesterday
- Team Warner FOREVER
Rating: 5/5 stars
“You are so confident,” he says to me. “You’re stubborn and resilient. So brave. So strong. So inhumanly beautiful. You could conquer the world.”
Thoughts on book two:
- I’m still BITTER about Juliette calling Warner the wrong name, I AM TAKING THAT TO MY GRAVE
- Thank god I had book 3 on standby because the ending was out of this world, if I had to wait an entire year in-between I would have died. The perks of marathoning books, my friends 😉
- I love how Warner never tried to drag Juliette down, but instead tried to help build her confidence and show her everything she is capable of
- Did Adam ever do that? *crickets chirping* DIDN’T THINK SO
- Juliette’s character growth really starts in this book and it was something I really appreciate because if she cried one more time I was going to lose it
- Also as usual, Kenji, was perfect
“Save your stupid for later!”
Thoughts on Adam’s novella:
- Basically unnecessary besides the tiny bit of depth it added to his character
- I hate him, except for how much he loves James, otherwise I hate him
Rating: 5/5 stars
“Ignite, my love. Ignite.”
Thoughts on book three:
- Hands down the best book out of the series
- All of the Juliette Warner scenes, literally all of them were amazing, especially Chapter 55 😍
- Warner uplifting Juliette throughout this book yet again
- Adam needs to remove his shitty ass attitude from this book, when he told Juliette to drop dead, I was like ” did he just say what I think he said?” AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT, ADAM! GET LOST.
- Warner’s mom, I cry
- I do wish that the actual fighting/war with Anderson would have lasted a little bit longer. It was SO quick and felt a little rushed at times
- Finally seeing all of Warner’s intentions laid out on the table was amazing, I cry again
- I now understand why Restore Me, still needs to happen because there are SO MANY questions I still have
All in all, guys, this series was just a breath of fresh air, and I am so sorry at mad at myself that I slept on this series for so long. If you haven’t given this series a shot already 10/10 would recommend. You can bet that I already have Restore Me, pre-ordered and will be binge reading the shit out of it the day it comes out, especially because it has Warner’s POV in it. What did we do to deserve that? I am so excited.
Some questions I hope we get answered in Restore Me:
- What did Warner do to earn Sector 45?
- Will Adam and Warner warm up to each other?
- Will we find out Kenji’s backstory and sexuality? A GIRL NEEDS TO KNOW
- Will James learn more about his gift?
- How will the other the sectors react to Juliette overthrowing Anderson?
What are some of your predictions/questions you hope to see answered in Restore Me?
P.S- This quote was way to pretty/meaningful not to post
“Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures.
No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.”
Until next time!