What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
Created by Maggie @ okoto enigmas blog
“The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
5. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees.
8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
First of all, I would like to give a big shoutout to Amber over at ambsreads for nominating and tagging me in this! Be sure to check out her blog for some more awesome reviews! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve done any tags so let’s do this.
- I absolutely LIVE for winter. I love everything about it, the cold, getting dark out super early, and snowstorms. If I could I would pack up my life and move to Alaska or Colorado in a heartbeat, even though I’ve never been there before, I totally would. I just love it that much. The only time I’m even remotely okay with the summer is if my ass is plopped in a beach chair and I have a good book in my hands
- I used to play softball from third grade until my junior year of high school and I miss playing all the time. Especially when spring rolls around
- My favorite holiday is Halloween and I typically kick off the Halloween season by watching Halloweentown on repeat for the entire month of October. Even though I love Halloween I hate scary movies 🤷🏻♀️
1. If you could have five minutes alone with anyone in the world who would be it? Explain why? This may be to reconcile something or simply scream at them.
My Pappy (grandfather). I miss him terribly and would love to just hear his voice for five more minutes, heckling me and signing the silly songs he used to sing to me as a kid. I had a really special relationship with him as a child and would do anything just to get five more minutes of that.
2. What genre of book do you typically read? Whats your favourite book in that genre?
I typically read within the YA fiction genre. I do enough fantasy and mystery/thrillers also. My favorite book ever is Looking for Alaska by John Green. I cry every time. Every single time. It’s a book I went into knowing absolutely zero about and it nearly wrecked my soul once I finished it. No matter how old I get it will always be my favorite because it’s a book that helped me cope with death and life after someone dies unexpectedly which was something I was dealing with during the time I read it.
3.What is your favourite flower?
Is it weird to say I hate flowers? First of all, HOLY ALLERGIES. Seriously, my eyes get itchy just thinking about them. Second, the smell of flowers reminds me of a funeral home, which I think we can all agree to say are never fun to be at. Plus, I probably couldn’t even tell you the different names of flowers besides roses, hydrangeas, daisies, tulips, and sunflowers haha!
4. Have you got any tattoos? If not, do you want any? (I’m debating getting a tattoo, so I’m kind of being a sticky beak!)
I have four tattoos and eventually would like to get some more. I just need to stop being indecisive and decide what I want. So far, I have the back of my neck, shoulder, wrist, and foot tattooed and have matching ones with my mom and sister. Eventually I need to get one with my dad and I think will hold me over for awhile 😋
5. Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word Australia!
LARGE SPIDERS, and the beach, but mainly large spiders. I have a super irrational fear of spiders, if you couldn’t tell, and it seems like anytime I see a post on my Facebook feed about spiders they are 1. HUGE and 2. from Australia. Can we confirm or deny that this is a thing? Because I would love to go to Australia one day but I would probably need to be sedated if I ever saw something the size of a tarantula. *vomits*
My questions to you
- If you could trade places with any fictional character, who would it be and why?
- What is the worst bookish habit you have?
- You’ve just won a free vacation and you can pick anywhere in the world to go, where do you go and why?
- What is your favorite genre of music or artist?
- What is your, hands down, no questions asked, favorite book and why?
I’m not even surprised that it’s my Restore Me review. If anyone wants to fangirl over Warner with me for the next year until book 5 comes out I would really appreciate it. You can find the review here!
Lacey at laceyparisbooks
Ashley at thriftybibliophile
Paige at Just One More Paige
Until next time!