Hey bookish friends, I’ve had a such a busy weekend that I’ve had zero time to finish writing any of my reviews, but I promise they are on the way!
In the mean time I figured I would do a tag since it’s been forever since I last did one. I basically just googled book tags and found this one that I thought was super fun, so shout out to whoever put this tag together!
Let’s Get Started!
1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
Always! I can’t even scroll through Instagram while I’m in a car without wanting to puke my guts up, the motion sickness is REAL. This is the main reason why I’m always the driver.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
E. Lockhart’s writing has always been something I’ve found very unique in both books I’ve read so far. It’s filled with riddles and confusing but despite that it makes you want to devour her books.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Don’t get me wrong, I was a total Twi-hard back in the day. But even then, HP OVER EVERYTHING!
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
No, mainly because I’m not in school anymore. However, I have my Kindle and Nook apps synced on my phone so my books are always by my side.
5. Do you smell your books?
Is it weird if I say yes?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Hmmmm, I’m going to go with no, but sometimes I think it does add a nice touch to the book. For example, I loved that Stalking Jack the Ripper, included pictures every now and then. But would I want it in every book I read? Definitely not.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight, for sure. Same thing with the movie too. I was obsessed and I kid you not I’ve watched that movie probably close to 100 times. I basically know every word, but the acting? LORD HELP US. It’s so bad that I cringe every time I rewatch it.
Also, add Fifty Shades of Grey to the list.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I mean the only thing I can think of was in first grade I used to want to read books to my parents instead of the them reading books to me. Other than that nothing really!
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
A book called Zen Life which is basically filled with poems to help you live a stress free life.
Spoiler alert: I still have gray hair.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Winter or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, I’m not sure which one is bigger but who doesn’t love a thick book. 😉
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Absolutely positively not. I have TONS of stories in my head but that’s where they’ll spend the rest of their days. I give so much credit to authors, I could never do it.
12. When did you get into reading?
For as long as I can remember I’ve always been obsessed with books. When I was in pre-K and my sister was in first grade I used to be so jealous that she was in school reading books and I wasn’t. As I got older I loved reading more and more but unfortunately from like 8th grade until I was about 19 my reading life was non-existent since I always had such a busy schedule.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley.
14. In school what was your best subject?
English. No surprise there. Somehow I was a year ahead in math but I have no idea who allowed that because to say I suck at math is an understatement.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Have you ever seen the “it’s an avocado, thaaaaaanks” kid before? 100% would be me.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Uhhhh, Warcross really felt like reading a more cyber-y version of the Hunger Games but it’s super well known, so idk?
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Take forever to write one post because I get distracted so quickly.
18. What is your favorite word?
Basically, any curse word.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
If you think I’m even remotely ashamed of being a nerd GUESS AGAIN FOLKS.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires, all day everyday. Or should I say night? Because of the sun. Get it? Or was that a really bad joke?
But yeah, vampires because I’ve loved them for as long as I can remember. Even before they were sparkly.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters, because think of all the possibilities!
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits, definitely creepier and for some reason as much as I love paranormal stuff I’ve never really cared for werewolves.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Please refer to #20, don’t make me repeat that awful joke.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Give me that forbidden love. MAKE ME SUFFER!
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed with a lil something in between please 😉 Oh, and if those love scenes could include the hate to love trope even better!
That’s all for today!
Until next time,