Fall is almost upon us! It’s so close I can taste it thanks to ya know, pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING! It’s been about two months since I’ve done a book haul so I figured I would show you all fourteen books I added to my bookshelves last month and why I want to read them!
P.S. – remember when I said back in May that I had zero room on my bookshelves and would need new ones? Yeah, still hasn’t happened, so I have no idea where I’m putting all of these.
Physical copies: 10
I bought 9 of these books off of Book Outlet…and paid $16.00. SIXTEEN DOLLARS FOR NINE BOOKS. And then the 10th physical book I bought was $16 alone, ya win some ya lose some, am I right? One Ebook was free and the other three were ARC’S. All together I spent a whopping $32 books on 14 books, so needless to say even though I’m ballin’ on a budget this months book haul was a success.
You can click on each title of the book for it’s synopsis
- Saint Anything – I used to be a HUGE Sarah Dessen fan back in the day. I always enjoyed Dessen’s writing and likable characters so I figured it would be nice to eventually throw myself back into her work.
- Born at Midnight – Anything paranormal is my jam, I don’t think I could ever grow out of it. So a boarding school filled with witches, vampires, werewolves, and faeries? Yes please!
- They All Fall Down – This book is pitched as Pretty Little Liars vs. Final Destination and I’ve never been more intrigued in my life.
- Daughter of the Pirate King – First of all, pirates. Second, enemies to lovers. What more do I need to say?
- The Hazel Wood – It seems like this is a sort of retelling of Alice in Wonderland? Maybe I’m wrong but it seems super interesting.
- Lady Midnight – I LOVED Emma and Julian’s debut in TMI so I absolutely need to find out where the rest of their story takes them.
- Ugly Love – It’s a CoHo book, need I say more?
- Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls – Lynn Weingarten was first placed on my radar after I read Bad Girls with Perfect Faces and really enjoyed not only the story but the writing as well so I’m hoping this one will be just as compelling while reading it.
- The Way I Used to Be – After I read Girl Made of Stars I told myself I wanted to read more books that handle topics like rape/sexual assault so that I can bring them to other readers/bloggers attention. When I saw this on Book Outlet I knew I couldn’t pass it up.
- Circle of Shadows – Honestly? The synopsis just sounds amazing and the cover sucked me in.
- More Than Friends – I’ve been looking for a romance read like this for awhile and it was FREE on Amazon so that’s a double win in my eyes!
- Dreaming Darkly – A moody gothic mystery with an impossible romance SIGN ME UP!
- City of Ghosts – This was one of my most anticipated reads for the second half of 2018 and Scholastic Press was kind enough to send me an e-Arc. Spoiler Alert: It was so good!!
- Crazy Rich Asians – Long story short, I want to see the movie but need to read the book first.
There you go! That’s all 14 books I’ve added to my TBR and bookshelf this month. If you’ve read any of these I would love to hear your thoughts on them!
Until next time,