Hello bookish friends!
Even though majority of us have officially hopped on the autumn bandwagon (I know I have), I wanted to take a second to share with you all some of my favorite reads I read over the summer. I’ve been in a MAJOR slump when it comes to fantasy books so I tried to really change it up this summer and incorporate some more contemporaries, mysteries, and thrillers into my reading schedule. And honestly, it worked really great. Summer is always the hardest time for me to read because I’m always so busy and have zero motivation to pick up a book, but I think changing it up really helped!
Before we kick summer to the curb here are my top five favorite reads!
5. City of Ghosts, was one of my most anticipated reads for the rest of 2018 and it certainly did not disappoint. This action packed, ghost hunting story had me craving a serious Ghost Hunters TV marathon and maybe even a trip to Scotland. You can check out my review HERE.
4. Bright We Burn, is the heart-pounding conclusion of The Conquerer’s Saga. I read this back in August and I am still in denial that this trilogy is over and that it ended the way it did. Plus this trilogy features the most brutal female main character YA books have ever seen. You can check out my review HERE.
3. Coming in smoking’ HAWT at number three is Legendary by Stephanie Garber. Now I was initially stoked for this book to come out because I absolutely loved Tella in Caraval, but this blew my expectations and Caraval out of the water. And I may or may not still be fanning myself off, either way you can find my review HERE.
2. Sadie, was another one of my most anticipated reads of 2018, and let me tell you, this book still haunts me to this day. THAT ENDING 😭. I will never be the same but this book was such a fantastic read. Not to mention the POV’s split between Sadie and true crime podcast made this impossible to put down. You can check out my review HERE.
- Drumroll please. My number one read this summer goes to Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake. Not only was this one of the most difficult books I’ve ever read but it was also one of the most powerful books I’ve ever read as well. And for that very reason I will talk about this book until the day I die. If someone ever belittles you for reading YA books I give you full permission to throw this at their face. My full review can be found HERE.
Well, there you have it, my top 5 reads of the summer. Have you read any of these books? If so I would love to hear your thoughts on them! And while you’re at it send me your spooky reads you have planned for the fall!
Until next time,