Happy Thanksgiving bookish fam! 🦃 🍂 🍁
Before I stuff my face with turkey and unplug from the internet for the rest of the day to be with my family, I wanted to come on here and tell you some of the things and people I’m thankful for in the book community. It seems only fitting since the book community has become such a big part of my life within the last year.
For those of you who don’t know, I started blogging about nine months ago. I was hesitant and nervous because I previously had a blog and it failed horribly back in 2016. However, as nervous as I was I knew that I wanted to come back and talk about something I really love… books. Never in a million years did I think that in nine months I would have over 600 followers on here and more than 2,000 followers on Twitter. Just.. WHAT?! I’m not the type of person to even care about a follower count, but to think that that many people care about my thoughts or genuinely enjoy me babbling about books is so crazy. So please know that I am so incredibly grateful for you, YES YOU, reading this post. Thank you for seeing something in me and my blog, it means more than you’ll ever know.
Who I’m Extra Thankful For
While I consider all of you my bookish family there are a few bloggers that I feel the need to specifically thank for their unwavering support and friendship over the last nine months.
- Bree over at Perpetual Fangirl, for being the first person to support and boost my blog when I was brand spanking new and who continues to support me to this day. You are an absolute angel
- Amanda, over at Classy x Book Reviews, who is most definitely my long lost twin and one of my best friends in the book community. I am forever grateful for us finding each other twinny 💕
- Sol, a.k.a The Bookish King, for helping me cope with Cardan having a tail and becoming one of my closest friends in the book community along the way
- Stephanie, over at Books in the Skye, for continuing to be my friend for months even though I didn’t watch How to Train Your Dragon. Thank you for not only sending me the DVD and introducing me to Toothless, but also being one of my first friends on Twitter
- Rae, the book blogging goddess over at Thrifty Bibliophile, who has always supported my blog, given me advice, and answered all my questions when I was first starting out on here. And let’s be honest, I still dream my blog will look like hers one day
- Britt, from Reverie and Ink, who was one of the first people I became friends with ever when we were both only on Goodreads. Britt is one of the kindest and most genuine souls out there, and she is also the reason I am hopelessly hooked on well-written villians. I’m so grateful our paths crossed all those years ago
I appreciate and love you all so much!
What I’m Thankful For
I’m thankful for oh so many things that the list could go on for days, but I’ll try to keep it short.
- I’m thankful for every single person I’ve met, whether we talk once in a blue moon or every single day – you’ve all impacted my life and blogging experience in some way
- All of the amazing opportunities I was given this year from authors and publishers allowing me to participate in blog tours, ARC reviews, holiday campaigns, etc.
- Finding a community that has some of the most understanding people in it, who get that mental health is important and will be there waiting for you to get back when you need a break, for those who check in on you when you’re having a bad day, and for those who celebrate all the little things along the way that are completely un-book related
- Can I be thankful for all the books I’ve read? Because I really am. I’ve read books that have made me laugh, made me cry, and made me re-evaluate who I am and who I want to be
So yeah… sorry for all the sappiness but it wouldn’t feel right to talk about all the things I’m thankful for and not include the book community. I hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving with your families and friends if you celebrate, and I can’t wait to keep talking books with y’all. It’s been a blast 💗
Until next time,