Hello book worms! ❄️
Today we are going to talk about all the books I read in the month of January. I managed to get 8 books read by the end of the month and I’m pretty happy with that. However, the book slump is REAL right now 😭. My lowest rating was three stars which I would say is a pretty good start to 2019!
What I read in January
The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith -★★★★★
Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas – ★★★
A Danger to Herself and Others by Alyssa Sheinmel – ★★★★
The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic – ★★★★
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover – ★★★★.5
The Wicker King by K. Ancrum – ★★★★
White Stag by Kara Barbieri – ★★★★
A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer – ★★★★.5
Reviews for January Reads
Don’t feel like reading a review?
Here’s my thoughts on each book in one sentence!
- The Way I Used to Be – Grab a box of tissues, plus three more boxes…you’ll need all of them.
- Birthday Girl – Age gap, “forbidden love” romance that wasn’t forbidden enough.
- A Danger to Herself and Others– An unreliable narrator you’ll hate to love.
- The Foxhole Court – Sporty soft bois you would kill for.
- Ugly Love – Should be renamed to Ugly Cry because that’s all that you’ll do by the time this is over.
- The Wicker King – Soft bois who help each other through mental illnesses, featuring a LARGE plot twist.
- White Stag by Kara Barbieri – Goblin love story with ACOTAR vibes.
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely – The only Beauty & the Beast retelling that matters.
Favorite Read of the Month
Least Favorite Read of the Month
I love me some Penelope Douglas, but this one was just a little too tame for me. I think I’ll stick to her darker stuff.
That’s all for today!
Until next time,