Another month down! ✨
Now that it’s June I can finally say that I feel like my book slump is going away. Thank god, because April and May were an absolute struggle for me to read anything. I still managed to read five books which is an accomplishment in itself, but here’s to hoping June will be a much better reading month!
Let’s dive in!
What I read in May
The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli -★★★★
Bright Burning Stars by A.K. Small -★★★★
Carmilla by Kim Turrisi -★
The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren -★★★★
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid -★★★★.5
Reviews for April/May Reads
Don’t feel like reading a review?
Here’s my thoughts on each book in one sentence!
- The Last Namsara – Dragons, do I need to say more?
- Bright Burning Stars – Black Swan but darker.
- Carmilla – Save your time and watch the web series.
- The Unhoneymooners – Perfect the beach but where’s the smut?
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – Worth the hype with a dash of predictability.
Favorite Read of the Month
I won’t lie this was an incredible read that I think everyone can see a little bit of themselves in, but I definitely liked Daisy Jones & The Six more.
Least Favorite Read of the Month
This had ALL the potential in the world and lived up to none of it.
And there you have it my May 2019 wrap up!
Until next time,