Happy August! 🌺 🌴 😎
Not to alarm you guys or anything, but I read TWELVE books in July! Yes, you read that right…twelve. I honestly, don’t know where I pulled reading that many books from considering the last few months I’ve been reading like 5 books a month at most. But I’m not complaining, we’re going to take it and run with it. Who knows, now that I’m officially done working and will be resting until the littles get here maybe I can even read more than twelve books next month…don’t hold me to it though.
Let’s dive in!
What I read in July
Slayer by Kiersten White – ★★★★
The Lost by Natasha Preston – ★★
Wild and Crooked by Leah Thomas – ★★★★
They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire – ★★
On the Corner of Love and Hate by Nina Bocci – ★★
House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig – ★★★★
Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman – ★★★
Becoming the Dark Prince by Kerri Maniscalco – ★★.5
These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Sterling – ★★★★.5
The Mortician’s Daughter One Foot in the Grave (#1) by C.C. Hunter – ★★★
The Mortician’s Daughter Two Feet Under (#2) by C.C. Hunter – ★★★★
The Past & Other Things That Should Stay Buried by Shaun David Hutchinson – ★★★★
Reviews for June/July Reads
Review: The Lost
Review: Wild and Crooked
ARC Review: Call It What You Want
ARC Review: House of Salt and Sorrows
Mini Review: Becoming the Dark Prince
Review: The Past and Other Things That Should Stay Buried
Don’t feel like reading a review?
Here’s my thoughts on each book in one sentence!
- On the Corner of Love and Hate – Enemies to lovers…with no enemies to lovers?
- Becoming the Dark Prince – Just another novella to let me down.
- Aurora Rising – Iluminae was better.
- The Mortician’s Daughter One Foot in the Grave (#1) – 2007 paranormal feels.
- The Mortician’s Daughter Two Feet Under (#2) – 2007 paranormal feels but better.
- Wild and Crooked – Romeo and Juliet but platonic.
- The Past & Other Things That Should Stay Buried – Undead Girl Gang but with ex-best friends.
- The Lost – Save yourself the misery.
- House of Salt and Sorrows – I’m here for the creeps.
- These Witches Don’t Burn – A gay, witchy whodunit you never knew you needed.
- They All Fall Down – Final Destination meets zip-lining- meets PLL?
- Slayer – All the paranormal vibes my heart needed.
Favorite Read of the Month
I love my gay witches and need book 2 STAT!
Least Favorite Read of the Month
If you want to read a book with the most infuriating ending ever look no further, friends.
You’ve been warned.
Until next time,