Happy September! 🍁 🍂 🌾
I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do a wrap-up this month because August was without a doubt the worst month of my life, but I’m trying to dive head first into reading and blogging to help take my mind off things. In short, if you don’t follow me on Twitter about two weeks ago I lost my twins due to rare complications that came up 21 weeks into my pregnancy. Now that all my appointments and surgeries are over with I’m physically and mentally trying to pick up the pieces of my life and move forward. One of the ways I plan on doing that is by focusing a lot of my time on my blog and reading. Which means you’re probably going to be seeing a lot more of me from here on out.
So, throughout the month of August before this entire nightmare happened, I read 8 books. I’d like to think despite everything it was a pretty solid reading month and I even managed to find a five star read!
Let’s dive in!
What I read in August
Relic by Bronwyn Eley – ★★★★
Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin – ★★★★★
Mooncakes by Wendy Xu and Suzanne Walker – ★★★★
Dreaming Darkly by Caitlin Kittredge – ★★★
Dreamology by Lucy Keating – ★★★
Three Heartbeats Away by C.C. Hunter – ★★★★
Swipe Right for Murder by Derek Milman – ★★★
The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen – ★★★
Reviews for July/August Reads
ARC Review: Relic
Review: Aurora Rising
ARC Review: Mooncakes
Review: They All Fall Down
Review: These Witches Don’t Burn
ARC Review: Swipe Right for Murder
Series Review: The Mortician’s Daughter
Mini Review: Enemies to Lovers Recent Reads
Don’t feel like reading a review?
Here’s my thoughts on each book in one sentence!
- Relic – A dark fantasy debut worth checking out.
- Serpent & Dove – Witches & enemies to lovers, need I say more?
- Mooncakes – The paranormal, queer, wholesome graphic novel you need in your life.
- Dreaming Darkly – Super atmospheric with a side of the creeps.
- Dreamology – Cool concept, weird dreams, unlovable characters.
- Three Heartbeats Away – The softest paranormal love story ever.
- Swipe Right for Murder – A super original, unique story that will have you flying through the pages in no time.
- The Kiss Thief – Enemies to lovers w/ an age gap and a few eye rolls along the way.
Favorite Read of the Month
Everyone please stop what you’re doing and PICK. THIS. UP.
Y’all can thank me later.
Least Favorite Read of the Month
It’s not that I hated Dreamology, but I had some pretty good other reads throughout the month of August. This was the one I struggled with the most. The concept was interesting but the characters weren’t for me.
Until next time,