Hello, witches! 🎃 🖤 ✨
September has been my best reading month of the year! I ended up finishing 13 books (10 books + 3 graphic novels) this month and I’m pretty proud of that if I do say so myself. On top of that I also got back into working out again and it feels so damn good. It’s safe to say September was a pretty productive month for me but now I’m ready for all my October spooky reads!
So, let’s wrap it up and move on with the spooky business!
What I read in September
We Speak in Storms by Natalie Lund – ★★★★
The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young – ★★★
Hope and Other Punchlines by Julie Buxbaum – ★★★★
Shadow Frost by Coco Ma – ★★★
The Grace Year by Kim Liggett – ★★★★★
Confess by Colleen Hoover – ★★★.5
Rage by Cora Carmack – ★★★★
Broken Knight by L.J. Shen – ★
Fence (Volume 1-3) by C.S. Pacat – undecided
We Were Promised Spotlights by Lindsay Sproul – ★★.5
Defy Me by Tahereh Mafi – ★★
Reviews for August/September Reads
ARC Review: Relic
Review: Broken Knight
ARC Review: The Grace Year
ARC Review: Serpent & Dove
Review: Defy Me (Shatter Me #5)
ARC Review: The Girl the Sea Gave Back
ARC Review & Playlist: We Speak in Storms
Don’t feel like reading a review?
Here’s my thoughts on each book in one sentence!
- We Speak in Storms – Tornadoes, ghosts, and troubled teens, what more can you need?
- The Girl the Sea Gave Back – Second book syndrome at it’s finest.
- Hope and Other Punchlines – Hope with a side of getting punched in the gut.
- Shadow Frost – Someone get me a neck brace from all the plot twists.
- The Grace Year – Probably your next 5 star read 😉
- Confess – Not CoHo’s best, not her worst, just her typical book.
- Rage – The title is fitting for the ending, farewell, my favorite ship.
- Broken Knight – All aboard the hot mess express.
- Fence (Volume 1-3) – Lovable, diverse cast but in need of the next volume ASAP.
- We Were Promised Spotlights – Still trying to figure this one out.
- Defy Me – That ain’t it, chief.
Favorite Read of the Month
I know I’ve raved about this in my last three posts, so I’ll keep it short.
Comes out this Tuesday and it better be on your TBR!
Least Favorite Read of the Month
Normally, I’m a fan of L.J. Shen novels, but this one was pretty bad in my opinion. I think I’ll stick to her adult romances instead of the spin-offs about their kids because I hate rich privileged asshole kids who think they can do whatever they want. So, this was just a big ol’ NOPE from me.