Happy Halloween!! 🎃 👻 💀 ✨
It’s officially my favorite day of the year and for today we’re going to forget books and talk about all things spooky! It’s a cloudy, on and off rainy day here so my candles are lit, the scary movies are on, and I am in my glory. I saw this floating around and figured Halloween would be the perfect day to do the Spooky Halloween Tag!
Let’s dive in!
Spooky Halloween Tag
1. Favorite horror or Halloween-themed song?
Dragula by Rob Zombie is a Halloween bop that deserves to be appreciated during spooky season. I pretty much listen to it on repeat when I’m working out during the week of Halloween. No joke, I think I’ve listened to it about five times today.
2. Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building.
I’m gonna be honest with y’all, I could handle just about any killer from a slasher flick, or poltergeist, you name it I really don’t care…however, if I came across Aragog I would legitimately have a stroke. My fear of spiders is out of control and if I ever had a “run in” with a giant human-eating spider I would 10/10 need a new pair of underwear.
3. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?
I have thanks to boredom while being a teenager. However, I can honestly say that I don’t really believe in them.
4. Favorite horror monster or villain?
I love Frankenstein, always have and always will. It seems cliche but ever since I was young I always loved the monster and the story behind it.
5. The creepiest thing that’s ever happened while you were alone?
I was once alone in an old abandoned mental institution for a little while since my friends and I had to split up and hide when the cops arrived. Walking through it alone was probably one of the creepiest things ever because it was literally like one day all the people just vanished. There were still sheets on the beds, posters on the wall, wheelchairs, straight jackets, filled file cabinets, etc.. It was straight out of a horror movie and pretty wild. I was thankful to find my friends again once the coast was clear.
6. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?
You bet your ass I would.
I used to LOVE going to all the haunted places in NJ when I was younger. My friends and I used to spend our weekends driving to some of the scariest places thanks to Weird N.J. magazines we would read and we may or may not have narrowly evading getting arrested multiple times 👀 (as mentioned in my above answer). But I loved doing stuff like that so I would absolutely give it a go.
7. Are you superstitious?
I am most definitely not.
My favorite number is lucky number thirteen.
8. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
I actually do but I always have. This especially happens to me a lot when I’m laying in bed reading at night. I won’t lie sometimes it creeps the hell out of me especially if I’m reading a book that’s creepy or suspenseful.
9. Which urban legend scares you the most?
There’s a place near me called Clinton Road. I’ve been there about a thousand and one times but there are so many different stories out there about the experiences people have had on that road that it just creates this very ominous sense when you’re there. Definitely one of the scariest places I’ve been to because you second guess everything you see and hear when you get out of your car. I think it’s just the psychological aspect of it that makes it scarier than anything else but it’s still creepy AF.
10. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Probably thrillers for the simple fact that gore can kind of get boring after a while since it doesn’t bother me. For example, if my husband and I are watching a gore-y movie he’s sick to his stomach where as I can eat a five course meal and be like “oh wow cool” as someone gets ripped to shreds.
11. Do you believe in multiple dimensions or worlds?
I mean, I feel like I definitely have to believe that other worlds exist besides this one, like, how can we be the only world out there? Maybe we’re the only one with humans but there is definitely has to be some other form of life out there.
12. Ever made a potion of any sort?
I can honestly say I have not.
13. Do you get scared easily?
When it comes to horror movies, yes. But if we’re talking about going to haunted places or doing like scary hay rides and haunted houses then no.
Is that weird?
14. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?
Yes, my friends and I used to play Bloody Mary at sleepovers all the time. Sad to report there has never been a sighting.
15. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
I’m very skeptical about anything otherworldly or having to do with an afterlife.
16. You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
I would have my phone in one hand and probably a knife in the other and go investigate before fleeing. But my house makes a lot of creaking noises so at first I probably wouldn’t think too much of it, which would mean that by the time I realized it could be too late.
17. If you got trapped in one scary movie, which would you choose?
I’m going to go with the god awful movie that was House of Wax. Even though the movie completely sucked just imagine being stuck in a town that was filled with wax figures.
That shit is creepy.
18. If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Definitely a vampire. I mean, how am I not going to go as my favorite paranormal creature?
19. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
Give me all the real life haunted creepy things, I’m here for it folks.
20. In a zombie apocalypse what is your weapon of choice?
I’m going to go with the unrealistic answer of a gun… but hear me out. If you use an axe, knife, machete, or whatever it may be you have to be within a close proximity of the zombies and uhhhh NOPE. Not today. Plus, do you know how much energy you would waste hacking away at zombies while running? I don’t know about you, but I get winded pretty quick. So give me a gun with some unlimited ammo and we’re outta here!
21. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?
At this point in my life a Halloween party. I mean, don’t get me wrong I always loved going trick or treating but it also kind of sucked as a kid when you don’t like candy 😂
22. You’re in a horror movie. Are you the final girl, the first to die, the comic relief, the skeptic, the smart one, or the killer?
I’m either the final girl or the killer, there’s no in between. Anytime my friends and I used to go to haunted places our number one rule was every man for themselves. If something went wrong we meet back at the car and that would absolutely be me in a horror movie. You’re either with me or your not and I’m straight up doing whatever it takes to survive, murder and all. But then I could also see myself being a killer too because ya girl can HOLD A GRUDGE like you’d never believe, and I feel like a lot of times killers are usually trying to get revenge of some sort.
Either way, if someone’s dying, it ain’t me.
23. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
I used to when I was younger but not anymore. I also used to have to sleep with my lights on but that’s also a thing of the past too.
24. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?
Me in every horror movie I’ve ever watched:
25. Are you the one who gets scared, or the one who does the scaring?
I definitely do the scaring, especially to people that scare easily like my sister.
26. Favorite scary book?
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark will always be my favorite collection of scary stories that messed me up as a child! I think all my 80’s and 90’s babies can vouch with me on this.
27. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
I was pretty young and my parents thought it was a good idea to let me watch the original Halloween with them which resulted in me sleeping with my lamp on for a good week straight. Then my dad came up with the even better idea of getting a Michael Meyers mask and scaring the shit out of me with it. Good times, good times.
28. What was your first Halloween costume?
I’m pretty sure it was Wonder woman, but I could be wrong.
29. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
As much as I love Halloween I really don’t dress up unless I’m going to a party. So this year I’m sad to say I will not be dressing up.
This is a crime.
30. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?
How can you resist this face?!
Give me all the bats, pls and thanks.
That’s all for today! It’s been a blast throughout the month of October talking all things spooky with you guys! I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween!