Hello, bookish friends! 🌷
I hope you’re all staying safe and home during these weirdly uncertain times. I’ve been trying to use all of this extra down time to start some new projects around the house, focus on working out a lot more, and getting as much reading done as I possibly can. During the month of March I was able to read 8 books and while it’s not the most amount of books I’ve read in a month one of the books was 800 pages so I can’t complain!
It’s been a minute since I’ve posted a wrap up on here so let’s dive right in!
What I read in March
Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles – ★★★★
One of Us is Next by Karen M. McManus – ★★★
House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas – ★★★.5
Bone Crier’s Moon by Kathryn Purdie – ★★★
The Deep by Alma Katsu – ★★
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin – ★★★★
Tigers, Not Daughters by Samantha Mabry – ★★★★
Dirty Billionaire by Megan March – ★
Reviews for March Reads
Check back for more soon!
Don’t feel like reading a review?
Here’s my thoughts on each book in one sentence!
- Where Dreams Descend – Mystery, magic, all the tension, and a whole lot of questions.
- One of Us is Next – The Bayview High teens are back and underwhelming as ever.
- House of Earth and Blood – A slow start but promising ending.
- Bone Crier’s Moon – Hate to love and betrayals galore but a weak premise for book two.
- The Deep – A solid story with a terrible ending that I’m extra bitter about.
- The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms – If Alina picked the Darkling…this would be it.
- Tigers, Not Daughters – Little Women but make it dark and add magic.
- Dirty Billionaire – Truly terrible.
Favorite Read of the Month
Even though this wasn’t my highest rated book of the month it doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy it. I was thrilled to be back in a new SJM book and despite believing this book should have been A LOT shorter than 800 pages I’m still so excited to see where the story goes in the next book.
Least Favorite Read of the Month
This was my first and last listening to a romance/erotica audiobook. It was truly horrific and I think I’m better off sticking to reading the tension and sex scenes with my eyes rather than listening to it. But aside from having a terrible time with the audiobook the story was pretty bad too and I will not be continuing this series.
Until next time,