Hello, bookish friends! 🦋
Another month down and we are officially halfway through 2020! May was definitely NOT my best reading month, in fact I’m pretty sure so far it’s been the worst month of the year – reading wise. But, I’m not really sweating it because I am finally out of my reading slump and I’m halfway to my reading goal for the year.
This month I read six books, five of which were romances from Kindle Unlimited a.k.a the reason my reading slump is gone. I don’t know what it is about some smutty romance books but they seriously do the trick every time…even if I did read one of the worst books I’ve ever had the displeasure of reading in my life along the way.
Let’s dive in!
What I read in May
Angry God by L.J. Shen – ★★★.5
Deviant King by Rina Kent – ★★★
Steel Princess by Rina Kent – ★★★
Twisted Kingdom by Rina Kent – ★
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare – ★★★
Love Won by Gillian Jones – ★★.5
Reviews for April Reads
Check back for more soon!
Don’t feel like reading a review?
Here’s my thoughts on each book in one sentence!
- Angry God by -Dark & twisted but redeeming for this hellfire of a series.
- Deviant King- A train wreck that you can’t look away from with a side of SUPER dark and twisted.
- Steel Princess – Somebody pluck my eyeballs out for me please because I can’t stop reading.
- Twisted Kingdom – Why am I still reading this shit?
- Clockwork Princess – Yes, the epilogue made me cry – that’s all you need to know.
- Love Won – A cute, funny, lighthearted romance w/ some surprisingly kinky smut at the end.
Favorite Read of the Month
Even though this was not my favorite book from The Infernal Devices trilogy I still enjoyed this a lot. It was hard to be blown away or surprised by any of the plot twists since I pretty much knew everything that happened prior to going into this – but that’s also kind of my fault for waiting so damn long to pick this trilogy up.
Least Favorite Read of the
You might be thinking…but what this book wasn’t on the list of books you finished this month? Yes, you are correct, but I had the misfortune of reading 65% of this book before DNF’ing it and being HORRIFIED. It took me at least a solid week before being able to pick up literally any other book after putting this one down. Hands down the worst book I’ve ever read – 10/10 would NOT recommend.
Why you ask?
You can find out HERE.
Until next time,