Hello, bookish friends! 🌺
Another month has passed us by somehow and it’s already time for another wrap up. During the month of June I read nine books and let me just say it was quite an interesting reading month. Between a few one star reviews, one of my most anticipated reads of 2020 being an absolute flop, and potentially finding a new favorite author it’s safe to say I was a bit all over the place – but I guess that’s just the beauty of reading. So, welcome to my rollercoaster ride of a wrap up!
Let’s dive in!
What I read in June
Final Girls by Riley Sager – ★★★★
What Unbreakable Looks Like by Kate McLaughlin – ★★★
Rules for Being a Girl by Candace Bushnell and Katie Cotugno – ★★★★
The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James – ★★★
The Hunter by L. J. Shen – ★.5
The Wrath & the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh – ★★★★
Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin – ★★
The Best Week That Never Happened by Dallas Woodburn – ★★★
Hating You by J. L. Beck and C. Hallman – ★
Reviews for June Reads
ARC Review: Blood & Honey
Review: The Wrath and the Dawn
Review: The Hunter (Boston Belles #1)
Review: The Loneliest Girl in the Universe
Review: The Best Week that Never Happened
Blog Tour | Review: What Unbreakable Looks Like
Check back for more soon!
Don’t feel like reading a review?
Here’s my thoughts on each book in one sentence!
- Final Girls – Absolutely shook to my core.
- What Unbreakable Looks Like – A powerful but problematic read.
- Rules for Being a Girl – We love to see gross men have to pay for their actions.
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe – Plot twists you’ll never see coming.
- The Hunter – The book that broke L. J. Shen and I up.
- The Wrath & the Dawn – Enemies to lovers at it’s finest.
- Blood & Honey – We’re going to pretend this one didn’t happen.
- The Best Week That Never Happened – 10/10 would like to live inside this book.
- Hating You – Honestly, pure trash.
Favorite Read of the Month
This was my first ever Riley Sager novel and it definitely won’t be my last. I absolutely devoured the audiobook for this and I can happily report that I did not guess the murderer or any of the plot twists in this book for that matter. So, I can’t wait to check out the author’s other books and see what other tricks he has up his sleeve.
Least Favorite Read of the Month
You guys know I am nothing but honest on here so let’s be real….this is probably L. J. Shen’s worst book to date. I was excited for a fresh start from her All Saints High series but this book was even worse than those.
Until next time,