Hi, friends! 🎃🍂✨
Today is a super cold, rainy day which I’ll be spending curled up on my couch in front of my fireplace watching Halloween movies in preparation for my favorite day of the year. But before I get the candles lit and the movie marathon going I figured today would also be the perfect day to do the Fall Time, Cozy Time Book tag that I’ve seen floating around on here.
This tag was originally created by Sam’s Nonsense over on booktube.
Let’s dive in!
1. CRUNCHING LEAVES: the world is full of color! Choose a book with red/orange/yellow on the cover.
How about all three colors and the book I’m currently reading?
I’m 75% into this book and I am officially terrified as to how this story will end and more importantly who will make it out alive.
2. COZY SWEATER: it’s finally cool enough for warm cozy clothing! What book gives you the warm fuzzies?
If you haven’t read either of Shea Ernshaw’s books yet I highly recommend picking up Winterwood…especially now that it’s getting colder out. Between the atmosphere and the world that Ernshaw creates it seriously stunning and so perfect to read while your cozying up inside.
3. FALL STORM: the wind is howling & the rain is pounding. Choose a book that you like to read on a stormy day:
Ninth House gives me all the rainy day vibes and I know I don’t gush about this book often but I really did love it. So much so, that I can easily say it’s my favorite Leigh Bardugo book and I am suffering while waiting for the second book to be released.
4. COOL CRISP AIR: makes you breathe freely~ Who’s the coolest character you’d want to trade places with?
In in effort to stick with someone from a more recent book that I’ve read I’m going to go with Poppy from From Blood and Ash for two reasons. The first is because who wouldn’t want to have some magical powers in their life? And the second, is because she gets to hang around a hot vampire all day and suffer from alllll the tension. Sign me up, thanks.
5. HOT APPLE CIDER: warm autumn drink. What underhyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?
None Shall Sleep was such a good book and I’m so glad that I stumbled across this because the hype around it is almost nonexistent. Pitched as Silence of the Lambs meets Sadie this was truly a wild ride that I couldn’t get enough of. I really hope that more people will continue pick this book up because it’s so damn good and worthy of so much more hype than what it got.
You can find my review HERE!
6. COAT, SCARVES, & MITTENS: the weather has turned cold & it’s time to cover up! What’s a book cover you don’t like?
Absolutely zero shade to the artist but this cover just ain’t it. I am most definitely not a fan of the new ACOTAR covers specifically because I don’t think they fit the series, but the fact that THIS is our only option for A Court of Silver Flames really bummed me out. At least give us the option to match the old covers of the series.
7. PUMPKIN SPICE: time for some Starbucks! What’s your favorite fall comfort food?
I think most people would probably go with some type of dessert food, however, sweets are definitely not my jam so I’m going to go with a nice bowl of chili or soup. I am also ashamed to admit that as much as I love fall and Halloween I hate anything pumpkin spice flavored. It’s a hard pass for me.
8. WARM, COZY BONFIRE: spread the cozy warmth! Who do you tag?
Anyone who is reading this consider yourself tagged and have fun with it!